HVAC Maintenance Plan in Paso Robles, CA and Surrounding Areas
One of the most critical yet easy-to-overlook aspects of HVAC system ownership is maintenance. At Straight Line Heating and Cooling, we offer routine HVAC service plans to help ensure that your system is able to tend to your indoor comfort needs.
Benefits of Preventive HVAC Maintenance
Regular HVAC maintenance offers a number of benefits for your family and your budget. Here are some of the following benefits of investing in routine maintenance:
- Dependable long-term comfort for you and your family
- Less wear and tear on HVAC system components
- Better indoor air quality
- Fewer equipment breakdowns
- Lower utility bills
- Greater return on your investment
- Reduced likelihood of requiring emergency HVAC repairs
Preventive Maintenance Services
Bi-annual preventive maintenance will ensure that your system runs as efficiently as possible. We will perform the following tasks, depending on the unit:
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings – remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet – clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage – on older models, lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed.
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system – check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections and for the signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork) – check for leaks
While Your System Is Operating
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressure – make pressure adjustments as needed
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary
NOTE: Manufacturers recommend all maintenance and service work be performed by a professional air conditioning and heating dealer that holds the appropriate credentials to install and service air conditioning and heating equipment.
Preventive Maintenance Services from the Pros
When scheduled on a regular basis, our precision HVAC tune-ups help keep your system functioning at peak efficiency and maximum effectiveness throughout the cooling or heating season. If your system is due for maintenance, give us a call to schedule your service. To make regular equipment maintenance even easier and more affordable than usual, ask about our preventive HVAC maintenance plans.